The website you are trying to access is designed for UK healthcare professionals only. The content is not designed for the general public. If you are not a Healthcare Professional then please visit www.medapharma.co.uk for more information.
If you are seeing this message on every page, you might want to review your cookie settings.
All Difflam™ medicinal products are based on Benzydamine Hydrochloride and therefore have analgesic, anti-inflammatory and anaesthetic properties. The differing presentations can be used either systemically or topically.
For fast and lasting relief of mouth and throat pain1-4
Difflam™ is a fast acting, long lasting treatment for sore throat and mouth conditions, and is available as a choice of spray or rinse formulations: Difflam products are available to you on prescription from your doctor or dentist, or sold over the counter by your local pharmacist.
Difflam™ treats the cause and soothes the pain2-5
All Difflam™ products contain the active ingredient Benzydamine Hydrochloride, which acts locally to stop pain and inflammation (swelling). So, it treats the source of the pain at the same time as helping to relieve the soreness and discomfort that you're experiencing.
Use this site to learn more about mouth and throat pain, and how Difflam™ can help bring fast, lasting relief for you and your family.1-4
For relief from pains and sprains, strains and sports injuries6
Difflam™ 3% Cream and Difflam™-P 3% Cream is a topical preparation, absorbed through the skin, providing relief from pain and swelling (Inflammation). Containing Benzydamine Hydrochloride 3% w/w, Difflam™ 3% Cream is an analgesic and anti-inflammatory, for the short-term treatment for the relief of symptoms associated with painful inflammatory conditions such as sprains, strains, contusions and the after-effects of fractures.
Stockists - Available only from your pharmacy
You must either specify a string src or a File object.
1. Difflam™ Spray, Summary of Product Characteristics.
2. Difflam™ Sore Throat Rinse, Summary of Product Characteristics.
3. Difflam™ Oral Rinse, Summary of Product Characteristics.
4. Difflam™ Spray, Patient Information Leaflet.
5. Difflam™ Sore Throat Rinse, Patient Information Leaflet.
6. Simard-Savoie S, Forest D. Topical anaesthetic activity of benzydamine. Curr Ther Res 1978; 23(6):734-745
7. Agarwal A et al. An evaluation of aspirin and benzydamine hydrochloride gargle for attenuating postoperative sore throat: a prospective sore throat: a prospective, randomized, single-blind study. Anesth Analg 2006; 103(4): 1001-1003.
8. Quane PA et al. Pharmacology of benzydamine. Inflammopharmacology 1998; 6(2): 95-107.
9. Riboldi E et al. Benzydamine inhibits monocyte migration and MAPK activation induced by chemotactic agonists. Br J Pharmacol 2003; 140(2): 377-388.
10. Epstein JB et al. Benzydamine HCI for prophylaxis of radiation-induced oral mucositis: results from a multicentre, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled clinical trial. Cancer 2001; 92(4):875-885.
11. Alamazan NA. Benzydamine HCI 0.15% for oropharyngeal diseases and surgeries: a review of clinical trials. Philippine Scientific Journal 2010; 42: 37-42.
12. Kazemian A et al. Benzydamine for prophylaxis of radiation-induced oral mucositis in head and neck cancers: a double-blind placebo controlled randomized clinical trial. Eur J Cancer Care (Engl) 2009; 18(2): 174-178.