Sometimes sore throats can take a while to clear up, so Difflam has teamed up with the Boots ‘Sore Throat Test and Treat Service’ which can help you get you back to normal and feeling great again.
How it works
A Boots Healthcare Advisor will ask you a few simple questions and take your temperature. If the results point towards a bacterial infection, you’ll be referred to a specially trained pharmacist.
1. A Boots pharmacist will examine your throat and neck. If it looks like you may have a bacterial infection, we’ll offer you a throat swab.
2. If you consent to a throat swab test, the pharmacist will swab the back of your throat to check for Strep A.
3. If your test result is positive, the pharmacist will check if a prescription medicine may be suitable for you, and give advice on how best to manage your symptoms.
If your test result is negative, or you choose not to have prescription medicine, your Boots pharmacist can still offer advice and appropriate products to help ease your symptoms. Any over-the-counter products you choose to purchase will be charged at the normal price.
The service is suitable for adults and children aged 12 years and over, but is not suitable for anyone who:
• is pregnant or breastfeeding
• has been experiencing symptoms for less than 3 days
• has been experiencing symptoms for 10 days or more
There may be other reasons why the service isn’t suitable and your Boots pharmacist will be able to advise.
This service is currently only available in a limited number of Boots stores in the London area. If there isn’t one near you, then you can still visit your nearest Boots pharmacy for sore throat advice and products. Click here to check which stores are offering this service.
For more information on this service please visit - www.boots.com/health-pharmacy-advice/health-checks/sore-throat-test-treat-service-